Nutrition is a powerful tool. Used well, it can be life-changing, performance-enhancing, and make us feel good every day. Every time we put something into our mouths, we are making a decision, and it is the balance of these decisions made over the course of a lifetime (not just a fad diet in January) that really counts.
As a Registered Dietitian and UK Athletics Running Coach, my professional reputation hinges on the scientific accuracy of what I say. I’ve worked hard to achieve these qualifications and display them proudly, to distinguish myself from self-styled wellbeing experts on social media.
I specialise in supporting nutrional excellence and offering running coaching to endurance athletes. As a passionate runner myself, this is a group I relate to and love working with, as I appreciate how smart fuelling strategies and bespoke coaching plans can help optimise training adaptation, performance, and those all important PBs!
Away from endurance sport, my nutrition services are also available to any other clients looking to improve their health, support their physical activity, or wishing to transition towards a plant-based diet: another area in which I have personal interest and professional expertise.
My running coaching philosophy:
- Quality over quantity.
- Flexibility: respect the person behind the runner.
- All stress is stress: monitor and adjust.
- I take a holistic approach, considering nutrition, recovery, sleep, strength and conditioning, gut health, immunity, and mental health.
My nutrition philosophy:
- Education is essential when working towards a plant-based diet in order to avoid nutrient deficiencies.
- Fuel for the work required: periodised nutrition with phases of training.
- Food first, but not only food: smart use of sports products and supplements.
- Train the gut like you train your muscles.
- No stone left unturned on race day fuelling.